Rental & booking conditions Bonaire Oceanfront Villas
- Bonaire Oceanfront Villas mediates the signing of the lease agreement between landlord and tenant in relation to holiday accommodation (villas e/o apartments) and acts as trustee between tenant and landlord.
- Landlord: the natural or legal holiday accommodation who rents to the tenant.
- Tenant: a natural or legal person who closes a lease with the landlord in respect of a holiday villa/apartment.
- Co-tenant: a person who, together with the (main) tenant stays in the holiday accommodation.
- Invoice / confirmation: the rental agreement is confirmed by an invoice / confirmation which the names, address (es) of the tenant and other tenants, the rental period, rent and desired additional services are listed.
- The rental and booking conditions apply to all bookings that have been established via Bonaire Oceanfront Villas.
- Arrival, departure and minimum stay
- Arrival and departure are possible on each day of the week. There is a minimum stay of 7 nights.
- The reserved accommodation is available for the guest on the day of arrival from 16:00 hours and the guest must depart the accommodation on the day of departure before 11:00 am. Exceptions are to be confirmed in writing before arrival by Bonaire Oceanfront Villas.
- Bonaire Oceanfront Villas makes every effort to the have the accommodation ready for check in upon arrival of the guest, but can never guarantee a check in earlier than 16:00 hours. For a guaranteed check in earlier than 16:00 hours, we advise guests to book the property one day prior to arrival.
- If the accommodation is not rented the same day, a late check-out can be consulted. Prices for a check out later than 11:00 on the day of departure are available on request.
Use of the accommodation:
- The facility is intended solely as holiday accommodation. This means e.g. that there should not be noise, holding parties and other gatherings where more than the number of booked persons are present. If in doubt, consult your contact person at Bonaire Oceanfront Villas.
- The prices of the accommodation offered to you are depending on the number of confirmed guests in your travel company. Per bedroom applies a maximum of 2 persons. An baby bed can be added at an additional cost of $ 10.00 per night. The rental prices are excl. service charges and a (legally) mandatory fee of $ 5.50 per person per night for the tourist tax on Bonaire. The tourist tax only applies to persons above the age 13 and older.
Option, reservation, payment, deposit and cancellation:
- Before you book you can take an option for up to 3 days. During this period you have the opportunity to book flights.
- In order to confirm your reservation you must, after placing the reservation, within 7 days, make a deposit payment of 20% in which no refund will be granted.
- The final payment (the remaining 80%) are to be paid in full within 6 weeks before the arrival date. You will receive no reminder as the confirmation letter/invoice which you receive when placing a reservation, indicates the amounts and which data must be met.
- If we receive a written notification (fax or e-mail) concerning a cancellation of your reservation up to 5 weeks before your arrival date, you are entitled to a refund of 50% of the total rental amount and 100% of the tourist tax. If the accommodation can be rented for the same dates as initially was booked it entitles you to 80% refund of the total rental amount and 100% of the tourist tax.
- Payments can be met by bank transfer or by credit card (Visa or Master Card). We do not accept American Express.
- The deposit (U.S. $ 500.00) is pre-authorized on your credit card. This is lifted directly from your departure with any costs / damages to be deducted.
- The price includes an average electricity consumption per day, water, cleaning and linen service 1 or 2 times per week (depending on villa) for stays longer than 7 days.
Towels and linen:
- Upon arrival, all beds are made, there are also plenty of towels available.
- Smoking is not allowed in the villas and apartments.
- Pets are not allowed.
- The landlord is not liable for:
- Theft, damage or loss during the rental of the property
- Accidents in and around the home
- Accidents in and around the pool
- Temporary failures of equipment in and around the dwelling and temporary disruptions in water flow, electricity, television and internet
- Force of any kind
- Overload of activities outside the rented plot
- The tenant is liable for the rental period during which he inflicted damage to the house, pool, garden or on the furniture. Damages should always be reported even if they are restored by the tenant himself.
- The landlord has the house and contents insured against the usual risks and the usual conditions at a local insurance company. The goods belonging to the tenant are not insured by this policy. We recommend using proper travel insurance.
- We recommend that you keep your travel documents, laptop, etc. into the vault to store. Lessor shall not be liable for theft of your belongings.
Leaving the house on departure:
- Final cleaning is included in the rent. If the villa is left extremely dirty, we will be forced to do charge an extra cleaning fee. These costs will be deducted from the deposit.
- Please note that the villas and apartments must be maintained. This will, if possible, be done outside the leased periods to ensure you utmost privacy.
Termination of the lease
- Dissolution can take place only in case of force majeure such as fire, natural disasters etc. or sale of the property if the arrival dates at least 3 months in the future. This is the date of signing and provisional deed of sale used. In all cases, the landlord can
- indemnified to the maximum of the amount already paid by the tenant. Lessor has the obligation to find a comparable accommodation.
- Bonaire Oceanfront Villas is authorized by owners of holiday villas, located in Bulevar Gobernador Nicolaas Debrot 67, Kralendijk, Bonaire Caribbean Netherlands.
- The lease is the only Caribbean Dutch law. All disputes relating to or arising out of or otherwise relating to the agreement and / or these conditions shall be settled by the court to Bonaire.